About Us......

We are three sisters working to get into or stay in shape! Ara is the oldest (26) and is trying to lose weight and get in shape before having children with her husband. Carlyn is the middle child (23) her desire is to get in shape and have the endurance to keep up with the youth she works with. Emmalee is the youngest (17) and is already an athlete. But now her sport and time is high school is almost over and she wants to stay in shape!

Our blog is a way for us to encourage each other and help each other reach our goals. Please feel free to follow along! You can follow each sister or just the one you find interesting or have things in common with!

Ara's days to post are Monday and Thursday.
Carlyn's days are Tuesday and Friday.
Emm's days are Wednesday and Saturday.

And we'll throw in tips and fun stories as we go along! Welcome to our blog!! -The 3 Sisters

p.s. We would also like to say that this is to help encourage us to keep up the good work and help us stay on track BUT we know we could not even do this by ourselves or as 3 sister's with out God by our side pushing us along!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The story of David and Goliath and Me


You all know the story of David and Goliath right? The classic biblical story of the young David standing up to the Giant Goliath and knocking him cold by slinging a smooth stone into the center of his forehead.......

Well that was the focus of this past Sunday's lesson and the teacher (my hubs) asked the question: "What is your Goliath?"

Instantly I knew my own answer to this..... my Goliath is my weight. It always has been. It's shaped my personality ever since I was in 3rd grade and a little girl laughed at me having a belly in swim class. It's something that's been on my mind every day since that day.

Every room I walk into, there is my Goliath shouting "You're the fattest one in here! They all think you're disgusting! No one here wants to talk to you or hear what you have to say! Just sit down and think about how fat you are!"

What an incredibly rude Goliath.... don't you think? But he has won every battle I have waged against him. And don't you think David would have lost to Goliath as well if he had tried to fight him on his own strength? I think so too.

So why did David win? Because God fought with him. God guided his hand in finding the right stone, in slinging that stone forward and in hitting that giant right where his weak spot was. And not only that..... then he cut off his head!!! Why.... so he would never get up to fight again.

SO.... don't you think .... I mean don't you know that with Gods help we can all defeat the Goliath of weight. It doesn't mean God's going to do it for us..... it means He will help us find the right food, the right exercise and the right time to hit our weight right in the weak spot and be done with it forever. Hallelujah!

*****

All this week I have been replaying the story of David and Goliath in my head and it has been the basis of my prayer life with God. And this week God has helped me exercise every single day.... burning around 500 calories each time. I still weigh WAY more than I would like..... but I know that this is going to be a slow battle. But this time I know that we will win the WAR with God by our side. Doing it by myself I had no idea what the outcome would be. But now that I know I can face Goliath and say, "This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down, and cut off your head". (1 Samuel 17:46)

No comments: