About Us......

We are three sisters working to get into or stay in shape! Ara is the oldest (26) and is trying to lose weight and get in shape before having children with her husband. Carlyn is the middle child (23) her desire is to get in shape and have the endurance to keep up with the youth she works with. Emmalee is the youngest (17) and is already an athlete. But now her sport and time is high school is almost over and she wants to stay in shape!

Our blog is a way for us to encourage each other and help each other reach our goals. Please feel free to follow along! You can follow each sister or just the one you find interesting or have things in common with!

Ara's days to post are Monday and Thursday.
Carlyn's days are Tuesday and Friday.
Emm's days are Wednesday and Saturday.

And we'll throw in tips and fun stories as we go along! Welcome to our blog!! -The 3 Sisters

p.s. We would also like to say that this is to help encourage us to keep up the good work and help us stay on track BUT we know we could not even do this by ourselves or as 3 sister's with out God by our side pushing us along!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Crash and Bleed......



Well .... my roller skates came in the mail today. I was so excited!! I put one on to make sure the shoe size was correct (it was) and then I decided to do my workout today on the track near our house with my new skates.

The track that is near our house is all concrete.... and its quite hilly. A little bit more hilly than I remembered when I would just walk it. Let me tell you that hills look a lot bigger when you have wheels attached to your feet.

Well before I even got to the track I knew I was in trouble. I put my skates on in the car and then pushed off towards the track..... uhoh.... a curb. Yep - that was my first crash. Maybe getting used to these skates first would have been a better idea. Oh well.... I'll just go slow.

"I'll just go slow" going slow..... going slow.... going slow...... first hill. I stood at the top of the first hill for about a minute trying to think through how I would go slowly down it. Guess what, there is no way to go slowly down a hill on roller skates....... Oh yeah - plus the path down this hill curves in two directions.

As soon as I push off down the hill I realize I'm just gonna have to try to live through this and that I am a dumb dumb. I am not sure whether I was screaming in my head or out loud but all I remember is going "DON'T DIE, DON'T DIE, DON'T DIE".

Well I didn't die but I did crash down onto my wrist and my rear end. I am a little scraped up and I am sure I will have a butt bruise for a while.

I think the only person who saw me was a man walking two poodles. But I figure he's a GUY walking two poodles so maybe he's just as embarrassed as I am.... who knows.

I sat where I crashed and took my skates off (I was still only half way down the hill) and walked back to my car. Kevin and I really can't afford any broken bones right now!! So anyway, my plan is to wear them around the house a bit while I get my balance and control before I head back out.

(PS - this is my second band-aid of the day..... first one was when I slammed my foot into a walmart shopping cart..... I was bleeding all in my flip flop. I guess that was good because it reminded me I needed to get more band-aids)

IN OTHER NEWS, I finished the no sweets challenge!! Whoo hoo!!! I treated myself to a sprite today and boy was it yummy! Now I am waiting for the next challenge! Bring it on!!!

I had a fun time with my sisters and my mom this weekend! We took her senior pictures and that was a workout in its self! My legs are still sore from all the walking and moving around I did to get the best shot! But its worth it of course!

I think I am only going to post my stats on Thursdays. Once a week is enough for me :)


I need a nap.... this has been a long bloody day.....

4 comments:

Carlyn said...

WOw!! That's pretty much all I can say!! And - I guess now you know why I can never get roller skates while living in San Marcos!

Bob said...

Were you wearing a helmet? How about elbow and knee guards? It looks like your pride is hurt more than anything else. LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!

Ara said...

Well, I thought I would be going slow and not have to worry about falling (as I said I realized I was being dumb). This weekend I will be getting some safety gear!

Yeah - San Marcos would kill me in skates!

Emmalee said...

oh my... ara i have to say i LOVE you bravery in going and doing it with out any practice! That is my kind of sister! and Hey dang strait that guy looked more foolish than you!!! lol. Maybe i can get some roller blades and next time ill go scatting with you! I LOVE YOU and kiss your boo boo! ;)